Glen Denlinger, LCSW, BCD
Phone: (703) 919-3905
Glen Denlinger is the Co-Founder and President of Well Marriage Center. He has served as the Director of the Couples Clinic with Finding Solutions Counseling Centers and was the Founding Executive Director and Lead Clinician with Charis Center for over 20 years. Glen specializes in relationship counseling and coaching and has achieved the highest level of credentialing as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Meet Glen Denlinger, LCSW, BCD
Couples counseling is my area of expertise and what I practice almost exclusively. As a therapist, I work with people’s strengths rather than emphasizing their weaknesses. For over 25 years I’ve helped thousands of couples change the trajectory of their relationship through a combination of counseling and coaching techniques designed to increase the positive aspects of your relationship. My approach is to get in there with you, be direct, and empower each of you to take responsibility for your own positive change instead of just demanding the other person change. We often laugh together in therapy because progress is worth celebrating and rediscovering the roots of your love for each other is fun.
Our WMC Marriage-Friendly Approach
While many marriage counselors are “marriage-neutral,” my bias as a couple’s specialist is this: I want you to make it. I want your relationship to succeed. I understand not all marriages survive, but my role is to be an advocate for your relationship and support the probability that you can work things out. Until you call me off, I’m going to work for you and with you. I believe most every couple can survive hard times and emerge with the strengthened capacity to grow and thrive…together.
What to Expect in Couples Counseling
- The first session is with both of you.
- The second and third sessions are with each of you individually. (optional)
- Over the course of counseling we may do both joint and separate sessions.
- What you tell me separately may or may not be kept confidential from the other.
- My client is your relationship or marriage, not either one of you individually.
- I’m an encourager and a solution focused change agent. As you improve I will spend a significant amount of time analyzing where the improvement comes from to help you stay with it.
- I listen but don’t only listen. You will get my thoughts and feedback every step of the way.
- Most couples, at one or more times, need me to take charge and be directive. I do that if I think it will help your relationship.
- When I’m directive, I don’t promise to be fair. Often times my initial approach is to ask one person to make more changes than the other. Many times that balances out over the course of therapy.
- I expect you to make this relationship counseling a top priority in your life.
- Relationship coaching is a highly recommended activity following successful couples counseling.
Glen Denlinger is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker specializing in treating couples, anxiety, depression and adjustment/transition issues. He graduated with honors from Millersville University of Pennsylvania with a BA in Social Work and earned a MSW degree from Temple University. Clinically, he has achieved the status of Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work.
Glen also specializes in helping men work through anger issues and challenges